Saturday, January 12, 2013

Something I Should Have Addressed Earlier


Let me introduce myself. My name is birth name Jasper Tyson Marker. I have 44 years to my name, which will soon amount to 45, and my favourite colour is bronze. I was born in London, have lived in London my whole life, and will most likely die in London. Really, anything else besides that is best left to the imagination. 

I am unsure of your opinion on me based on this information, but I can assure you that no matter how dull, interesting, charming, or - God forbid - abominable you find me, I am all of these things and more based on the wide variety of opinions possessed by this world's large population.

I shall begin my job tomorrow, ironic, as there is no work on Sunday. Workhouses can be found all over London, but M&P were very specific as to which ones they wanted me to visit. The first one is Emerson Wall. Just the name brings to mind an impenetrable wall of industry. Hopefully, this will suit M&P's uses. 

The building materials are a major deciding factor, since these workhouses are to become factories for the construction of automata, the floors must be able to withstand and not warp from molten metal. M&P is trying to do this as cheaply as possible. Not to say that they are a cheap company, but it would be convenient for their needs. The money they have would be much better put to the development of new machines than it would be to replace floors.

Reasonable ventilation is also a must. Not only do we want to avoid damaging equipment through excessive steam, but we simply cannot have workers fainting or suffering from heatstroke. Keep in mind, many workers will be under the age of sixteen and will be less able than a full grown man or woman.


J.T. Marker

No comments:

Post a Comment